About Me

 

    Hi there! My name is Merran Decker and I'm from Frisco, Texas. I am an incoming sophomore at HPU majoring in Strategic Communications with a minor in English. I am also an HPU Campus Ambassador, First Year Navigator, Presidential Scholar, Siegfried Leadership Fellow and serve as pledge class representative in Alpha Chi Omega. Outside of my studies, I am also an intern at the Reflect Organization, a national nonprofit which creates mental health programming for college students. Some of my hobbies include graphic design, travel, volunteerism, and spending time with friends and family. After completing my four years of undergrad, I plan on pursuing the fifth year Masters of Business and Communications at HPU and then pursuing a career in either advertising or marketing. 

    

    Something many people don't know about me is my passion for community service. Having dedicated over 600 hours with National Charity League, a philanthropic organization in partnership with charities such as Susan G. Komen, Make a Wish, and local senior centers, I deeply care about others and always look for ways in which I can help improve my community. I am also the recipient of four consecutive Presidential Service honors.

   

     Some fun facts about me are that I am left handed, I've danced with gypsies in Spain, I was a Texas drill team officer in high school, my grandparents grow their own food in Missouri, I've starred in four HPU promotional videos my freshman year, and I've shared tea with our university president Dr. Quebein and his wife Mariana! 





Comments

Popular Posts